- Work to your satisfaction. Not the satisfaction of others
- Know what’s important and pursue that.
- Be honest and upright in all circumstances
- Be humble and ready to admit when you don’t know something. And be willing to admit when you are wrong.
- Be open to suggestions and corrections. Everything is an opportunity for learning.
- Be prepared to make mistakes and fail but learn to do so graciously and pick yourself up after
- If you don’t make time to do something now, you will end up having to make time for it later.
- Know how to prioritise. Prioritise often.
- Be fair and show no favouritism to those working under you. Give praise when praise is due.
- Be prepared to work hard for what you believe is right and don’t always look for shortcuts from doing what you have to. It might hurt now working a bit harder but you can save yourself a ton of heart ache later on.
- As cliche as it sounds it’s true: If you fail to plan, you plan to fail.
- Learn to delegate tasks because you can’t do everything by yourself.